Source: Economic Events May 8, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
The DAX30 shrugged off the initial shock of Tuesday's German Constitutional Court's ruling last Tuesday, deciding that some ECB actions in regards to asset purchases regarding the QE are unconstitutional and thus not valid in Germany since ECB decisions are not backed by the EU treaty, and brought the mark of 11,000 points into focus for the DAX30 into the last weekly close.
The driver probably came from not only increases in optimism in regards to the reopening efforts of the Corona lockdown, especially in the US.
But also that recent built trade tensions between the US and China eased a little. Beijing and Washington discussed their Phase 1 trade deal in a telephone call, with China agreed to improve the atmosphere for its implementation and the US promising both countries expected obligations to be met.
If the break above 10,800 points now proves sustainable, a test of the psychologically relevant region around 11,000 points seems likely, probably even a run as high as 11,250/300 points.
A solid support and potential long trigger can be found around 10,800 points, while a drop back below 10,800 and thus back into the neutral zone between 10,200 and 10,800, identifies the push back above 10,800 points as a fake out:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Hourly chart (between April 20, 2020, to May 8, 2020). Accessed: May 8, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between January 23, 2019, to May 8, 2020). Accessed: May 8, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 9.56%, in 2016, it increased by 6.87%, in 2017, it increased by 12.51%, in 2018, it fell by 18.26%, in 2019, it increased by 26.44% meaning that after five years, it was up by 34.2%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.