Source: Economic Events May 13, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
Gold has generally been stable over the last days, trading around 1,700 USD.
That may surprise, given the fact that US economic data sets from the labour market came in at "catastrophic" levels with the ADP printing at -20.2 million, and Friday's NFP's at -20.5 million, which shows how much of the bad economic data seems to have been already priced into the markets.
On Wednesday, the main focus will probably be on the testimony from Fed chairman Powell in front of the US congress, regarding the economic impact and how any developments after the lockdown are to be lifted.
In fact, given the already massive monetary and fiscal stimulus from the US government, and the Fed's fight against the economic impact of the lockdown, the comments from Powell need to point to a significantly weaker than already anticipated picture to trigger higher volatility in financial markets, especially Gold.
Still, a new sharper leg up stays a serious option, bringing the region around 1,750 USD back into focus in the days to come.
On the other hand the bearish divergence in the RSI(14) on a daily time-frame (orange) is still a topic and would be confirmed with a break below 1,660 USD, making a deeper corrective move as low as 1,630/35 USD possible.
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on Gold Daily chart (between February 11, 2019, to May 12, 2020). Accessed: May 12, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of Gold fell by 10.4%, in 2016, it increased by 8.1%, in 2017, it increased by 13.1%, in 2018, it fell by 1.6%, in 2019, it increased by 18.9%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 28%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.