Source: Economic Events May 8, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
On Friday, the eyes of traders around the world will be certainly on the Non-Farm Payrolls or NFP's.
That is particularly true, as after Wednesday's ADP data showed that private businesses in the US fired 20.2 million workers in April due to the Corona lockdown, but only slightly above market expectations at 20 million.
It was the biggest decline ever, and since ADP is usually a good indication for the Non-Farm Payrolls, it is certainly fair to assume that the market consensus at -21.5 million is probably not that far off.
Not surprisingly, the USD/JPY has already taken on bearish momentum, heading for a test of the region around 106.00 over the last days since it underlines one aspect of the last Fed statement and the willingness of the Fed to take further monetary action in a worsening economic situation.
While we certainly don't know how much of such a worsening economic situation was already priced into the Fed assumptions, it seems certainly fair to assume we should expect further monetary stimulus from the US central bank with ongoing bad economic projections, especially from the US labour market, putting further pressure on US yields, making a rather sooner than later a test of the region around 105.00 likely and even a drop lower.
Technically the picture only brightens slightly, if the currency par recaptures 107.80/108.00:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on USD/JPY Daily chart (between March 15, 2019, to May 7, 2020). Accessed: May 7, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance
In 2015, the value of the USD/JPY increased by 0.5%, in 2016, it fell by 2.8%, in 2017, it fell by 3.6%, in 2018, it fell by 2.7%, in 2019, it fell by 0.85%, meaning that after five years, it was down by 9.2%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.